With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, we’ve got all things love on the brain. So today, we’re sharing 10 things we adore about living, working and boating in beautiful Southwest Florida.
1. Longboat Key. We’re still just as struck by the island’s natural beauty and pristine waters as we were when Cannons was founded more than six decades ago.
2. “Winter” weather. We all have friends and family up north who are shoveling snow right now. The only thing we’re shoveling is sugar-white sand.
3. Our award-winning beaches. Siesta, Lido, Longboat, Venice, Anna Maria…need we say more?
4. Grady-White Boats. Like us, Grady-White is family-owned and has been in business for more than six decades. We’re proud to work with a company that’s equally dedicated to its customers and craft. You can see new inventory here and pre-owned inventory here.
5. Wildlife. Dolphins, manatees, sea turtles, roseate spoonbills, snowy plovers and so much more. You never know what you’ll spot when you’re on the water.
6. Dockside dining. Nothing is better than pulling up to a waterfront restaurant on your boat and enjoying a delicious meal. Here are some of our favorites—many of whom are offering special takeout options. (Valentine’s Day picnic, anyone?)
7. Our Cannons Crew. We’ve got the most knowledgeable, experienced, trustworthy crew in the biz—their main focus is to take care of our wonderful clients, and they make coming to work a joy each day.
8. Longer days. The sun is staying up a little longer each day—and we’ll take any extra time on the water we can get.
9. Fishing. One of our favorite pastimes—which makes sense, since Cannons began life as a fish camp in the 1940s.
10. Our beloved community. It’s no secret that the pandemic has presented a host of challenges, but you, or wonderful customers, have stuck with us through thick and thin—many of you for years. You’re family to us, and we love you.