What’s cuter than seeing dogs enjoying an on-board afternoon boat trip with their owners? We here at Cannons Marina are avid dog lovers and we love to share boating time with our canine friends as often as possible. There’s nothing more adorable than seeing a pooch perched on the prow of a boat or in the lap of its owner, ears flapping in the breeze, face filled with excitement and adventure.
So in this spirit, Cannons Marina invites you to submit a favorite photo or photos for our Dogs On Boats Photo Contest. Winning photos will be displayed on our Cannons Marina’s Facebook page. Professional and amateur photographers are welcome to participate.
Following are our official contest rules…
All entries must be to Cannons Marina’s Facebook page using the instructions below
Entries must be received by 5 p.m. Friday, 5 p.m. May 7, 2010
Winners will be announced Monday, May 10
First, Second and Third Place winners, as well as honorable mention winners, will be announced in two categories, amateur and professional
Grand prize – Doggie Life Jacket, Doggie Water Bowl & Food Bowl
Second place – Doggie Food & Water Bowl
Third place – Doggie Water Bowl
- You must be at least 18 years of age to participate
- Entries must be received by 5 p.m. Friday, May 7, 2010
- Color and Black & White photos are eligible
- Entries must be submitted by the original photographer
- You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any image submitted
- You may submit any number of photographs
- Photographers retain the copyright to their photographs. By entering the contest, photographers agree to have their submitted photograph displayed on the Cannons Marina Facebook page without any fee or other form of compensation.
- Photos will be credited to the photographer. Photos with watermarks, signatures, or copyright notices will not be accepted
- Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, photographic quality, and effectiveness in conveying the joy of dogs on boats
- Winners will be notified by phone and/or email using the information in the submitter’s email
- Image size may not exceed 2MB and must be submitted in .jpg or .jpeg, Minor digital enhancement is permitted, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified
- For a photo in which a person is recognizable, you must secure a model release from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or guardian and provide it to Cannons Marina upon request. A sample release is available on a pdf by clicking on Cannons Marina, Model Release Form.
- Photos will never be used by Cannons Marina in any manner for marketing, advertising or sales
- Judging will be conducted by the Cannons Marina team
We are so look forward to seeing photos of your dog on boats. So go ahead get the dog, camera and go boating. And oh yea, just in case you need some tips on boating with your pet, we have them here at safety tips for dogs on boats, by Cannons Marina.
Good luck and Happy Boating!