Located in the Florida Keys and decorated in a West Indies style, is the Cheeca Lodge.
It was named one of Travel + Leisure’s “500 Greatest Hotels in the World”.
The Cheeca Lodge & Spa is known as one of the best Islamorada Florida hotels for romantic escapes and for an unforgettable family vacations and we agree!
The water and fishing here are both spectacular and abundant. What makes this spot so unique is that three bodies of water meet; the Atlantic Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico and Florida Bay, making this one of the most diverse fishing grounds in our hemisphere.
By Boat the Cheeca Lodge it is about 195 nautical miles from Cannons Marina or a 90-minute drive from Miami. There are 27 acres of lush gardens, pools and waterfalls, all in a luxury tropical setting. Boaters need to know that there is very liitle water at low tide at the Cheeca Lodge, so if you are traveling by boat you will need to make mooring reservations atBud N’ Mary’s Fishing Marina on Islamorada.
Bud and Mary’s are located due north of Alligator Light and to reach them set your heading about 30 degrees southwest until you reach the channel then head straight in. I highly recommend that you consult your nautical chart and phone Bud and Mary’s for reservations.
What to Do at the Cheeca Lodge?
- Hang out on the breathtaking 1,100-foot palm-lined beach or their 525-foot wooden fishing pier
- Indulge in spa treatments at the 5,700 square-foot spa. You can pamper yourself with a custom facial, relaxing massage, aromatherapy, hot lava shell massage, or even a custom body treatment.
- There is a fitness center that you can participate or schedule yoga or pilates sessions, or relax in a private butler-serviced cabana by the adults-only lap and spa pool.
- Boat Rentals
- Fishing charters
- Jack Nicklaus designed 9-hole par 3 golf course
- Six lighted tennis courts
- Fabulous Snorkeling
- Environmental boat trips
You name it, the Cheeca lodge has it all!
To Reach the Cheeca Lodge: 1-800-327-2888 | 1801 Overseas Highway, Mile Marker 82, Islamorada, FL 33036